Crossroads
by Emmyjean

Author's Note

First of all, thank you to everyone who's been following this story for the patience they've displayed with me regarding this revamp. I wasn't sure I even wanted to attempt it at first, but I'd worked for over a year on this story and felt strongly that it continue to fit within Harry Potter canon, now that we've been graced with the post-OotP world. The support everyone has shown, both through emails and on the boards, has made it easier than I could have imagined it would be. Thank you.

I'd just like to make it clear what exactly I'm doing with the story. There were few things that needed to be tweaked to make this fic still pretain to canon after book five, but I felt that there were also things I could add/elaborate upon to make it a better, more relevant story. Therefore, although this is NOT a rewrite of the story in it's entirety - it's still the same story. There are parts that have changed very little or not at all, and others which have been completely rearranged and redone. As you read through you will begin to see the changes and, I hope, improvements that give Crossroads a new dimension.

I also had one other motivation to update the Crossroads universe, and that is that we need it in order to proceed with the co-written story that Casca and I have in the works. You'll begin hearing more about this as the revamped Crossroads is progressively updated.

So, whether you've already read the story or whether you're new to it...give it a read, and I hope you find it worthwhile. :)

~ Emmyjean

If you have more questions, or want to chat about it, come to the Boards and talk. Stop by if you can...I need encouragement! ;) Or, link back to the Tower.